The Heart is one of the vital organs of the human body. And although it is a physical organ that pumps blood and oxygen to the rest of the body in order sustain life – there are numerous of emotional factors that can impact the optimal functions of the heart and overall physiology of the body that it is considered to be the centre of your Emotional Body.
The Heart has it’s own brain and Consciousness
The Heart has it’s own electric impulse so can beat indefinitely when separated out of the body and under the right conditions
Happiness helps lower your risk of heart disease
The Heart is the size of two clasped hands
The Heart creates enough energy daily to drive a truck 20 miles
The Heart can pump 1.5 million barrels in your lifetime
Owning a cat can reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes by >33%
Your Heartbeat changes and mimics the music you listen to
Positive Emotions create physiological benefits in the Heart, Mind and Body
The Heart has its Own Brain and Consciousness
Many believe that conscious awareness originates in the brain alone. Recent scientific research suggests that consciousness actually emerges from the brain and body acting together. A growing body of evidence suggests that the heart plays a particularly significant role in this process.
Far more than a simple pump, as was once believed, the heart is now recognized by scientists as a highly complex system with its own functional “brain.”
Research in the new discipline of neurocardiology shows that the heart is a sensory organ and a sophisticated center for receiving and processing information. The nervous system within the heart (or “heart brain”) enables it to learn, remember, and make functional decisions independent of the brain’s cerebral cortex. Moreover, numerous experiments have demonstrated that the signals the heart continuously sends to the brain influence the function of higher brain centers involved in perception, cognition, and emotional processing.
In addition to the extensive neural communication network linking the heart with the brain and body, the heart also communicates information to the brain and throughout the body via electromagnetic field interactions. The heart generates the body’s most powerful and most extensive rhythmic electromagnetic field. Compared to the electromagnetic field produced by the brain, the electrical component of the heart’s field is about 60 times greater in amplitude, and permeates every cell in the body. The magnetic component is approximately 5000 times stronger than the brain’s magnetic field and can be detected several feet away from the body with sensitive magnetometers.
The heart generates a continuous series of electromagnetic pulses in which the time interval between each beat varies in a dynamic and complex manner. The heart’s ever-present rhythmic field has a powerful influence on processes throughout the body. We have demonstrated, for example, that brain rhythms naturally synchronize to the heart’s rhythmic activity, and also that during sustained feelings of love or appreciation, the blood pressure and respiratory rhythms, among other oscillatory systems, entrain to the heart’s rhythm.
We propose that the heart’s field acts as a carrier wave for information that provides a global synchronizing signal for the entire body. Specifically, we suggest that as pulsing waves of energy radiate out from the heart, they interact with organs and other structures. The waves encode or record the features and dynamic activity of these structures in patterns of energy waveforms that are distributed throughout the body. In this way, the encoded information acts to in-form (literally, give shape to) the activity of all bodily functions—to coordinate and synchronize processes in the body as a whole. This perspective requires an energetic concept of information, in which patterns of organization are enfolded into waves of energy of system activity distributed throughout the system as a whole.
Love conquers Fear
The feeling of love can conquer all fears, and also has the ability to preserve your heart for you to live longer and with much more joy and fulfillment.
The vibration of love, or the wavelength of love is long, smooth and slow. Where as the vibration of fear, the wavelength is short, fast and erratic.
Living an authentic life from the heart, is the only way you can be sure to have a life filled with Love, Happiness, Creativity and Passion!
How to Open your Heart
5 ways in which you can open your heart include:
1. Being true to your feelings and emotions, becoming transparent with your inner thoughts and cravings rather than putting on a front.
2. Observing and acknowledging the raw emotions for what they are: anger, frustration, worry, resentment, pain, hurt and disrespect – and being able to release them in a controlled fashion (screaming, beating a punching bag, running for miles, banging your fists or pushing against a wall) with a positive outlet so that these suppressed feelings can be released for good never to be seen again.
3. Starting to live from a place of love, good intention, gratitude and abundance. Transmuting negative thinking, emotions and feelings into positive outlooks e.g. “I hate it when it rains because it makes me gloomy and I can’t go outside to do things” is such a negative and limiting belief that can be changed into “I like it when it rains here because the trees need water to keep it looking lush, on a rain day I can snuggle up on the couch with a warm cup of cocoa and a nice book.”
4. Start by loving yourself unconditionally, embracing everything about you – physically, mentally and emotionally. Accepting who you are, what you look like, and changing any flaws or characteristics about you that you are not proud about into something positive – starting from the inside out. Forgiveness begins with you, and then you can forgive others that have wronged you through remote intentions either in meditation or visualizations.
5. Now that you love yourself unconditionally, it is up to you to share this unconditional love to your family, friends and social circles as you would a Facebook post. Give unconditional love and compassion to the next 5 people you see in your life, even random acts of kindness and watch the world around you change from one of chaos to bliss! Now if anybody out there happens to cross you or upset you by stealing your parking spot or accidentally stepping on your toe, you won’t lose your cool this time because you have learned to control your emotions by raising your consciousness above the drama.
Now you have clarity because you live from the heart and not the mind, you can be the bigger person and just shake it off. Your angle of perception has become that much wider, almost like a big picture aerial view of the incident, event or scenario. Looking at the tense situation from 10,000 feet gives it a whole new perspective in the grand scheme of things and in the context of the greater good.
Ask Pink Tiger Lily about how you can begin to open your heart so you can start living authentically from the heart. It’s time for change!