Your Body’s Cry for Help
“Take a breath and relax. Be in silence for 2 minutes. Can you hear that?”
It’s your body crying for help. Asking for your undivided attention in your busy rat race life. It’s telling you to slow down, take a break or stop before it literally burns out.
Can you check in with what you are feeling in a given moment, moment-to-moment and day in and day out?
It is way too easy to get caught up in the rat race especially when living in a busy metropolitan capital such as London, New York, Toronto or Paris. Cars run on unleaded fuel, people run on caffeine while life just passes you by at 100 mph. Before you know it 1 year passes, 5 years and then 10 years – and what have you done or achieved in that time? A promotion to VP of Marketing, Head Chef at the Four Seasons Hotel boutique restaurant or Captain of your own ship.
There is never a good time to take that much needed vacation, keep putting it off from your busy schedule at work, and you may find yourself well…..burnt out. The burnout can come out of nowhere. Feeling great and in high spirits one day, and then down in the dumps the next. But the early telling signs of a burnout about to take place are: feelings of numbness, nothing seems to phase you, you are oblivious to the constant pressures and obstacles being thrown your way, you feel almost immune and unrealistic about tackling them – and then like a knife it cuts right into you. You are seriously burnt out, maybe even irrational – your mind, body and soul calls out for help – you seriously need a time out!
Scan yourself mentally through your mind, emotionally through your heart, physically through the body and spiritually through your spiritual being.
Lifestyle Causes of Burnout
- Working too much, without enough time for relaxing and socializing
- Being expected to be too many things to too many people.
- Taking on too many responsibilities, without enough help from others
- Not getting enough sleep
- Lack of close, supportive relationships
The Mind versus Body Conflict
Is your mind saying one thing while your heart is wrestling with a past hurt, pain or emotion. Meanwhile your body is aching with a persistent elbow and knee joint pain, lower back discomfort or even monthly migraines and headaches?
Need something more than your over the counter Tylenol and Advil painkillers? Do they seem to be making you feel numb, blah and without emotion?
It’s time to find more sustainable and alternative natural remedies for your physical ailments and to make positive lifestyle changes that you can make to begin your path to healing.
Perhaps the last medical diagnosis is your wake up call. Presented to you in divine timing. For you to wake up and realize that your current stressful lifestyle is not working for your body, mind and spirit.
Time for Drastic Measures?
Perhaps you need to make something drastic changes. Like making a significant life change of out with the old or everything that no longer serves you presently. Perhaps a new home, new job, change of scenery, new friends or finding new creative outlets that nurture you from inside and out.
After all, your job title does not define you. Your spouse is your other half, but in order for you to feel complete and at peace with the flow of life – you need to feel wholeness and contentment with yourself first. Love yourself – accept your body, mind, heart and spirit unconditionally and without any judgement or criticism.
Allow yourself to simply be in the moment. To sit in silence and literally check in with your body, mind and heart feelings.
- LifeSense | authentic living from the heart is your new best friend!
- Your one-stop resource for a more authentic life, enabling you to reach your full creative potential.
- Use this LifeSense Magazine for finding lifestyle tips, health and wellness articles, innovative trends and natural health discoveries.
- Tap into the creative gifts and multi-faceted talents of Pink Tiger Lily so that you can be on your way to Healing your Life and Reaching your Creative Potential.
- It’s never to late to make the change. Be the change you wish to see in your life, in your world. Change starts from within.