Essential Oils for your Life
Mother Nature and Planet Earth (Gaia) provides us with an abundance and selection of natural herbs, plants, flowers and grains that can nurture, nourish and even heal us. From Mother Nature’s garden you can extract many natural and Essential Oils that have powerful healing properties for your mind, body and spirit. In some cases simply inhaling the scented essential oil can help bring balance, calm and a sense of grounding to some of the most hectic lives.
There is a another article called Some Facts about Essential Oils that may prove useful if you are seeking information on the safety handling and applications of essential oils for improved health and wellness of mind, body, spirit..
8 Popular Essential Oils
Some of the most common essential oils and their powerful health benefits:
1. Lavender: This highly versatile oil is best used for its soothing properties. Lavender relaxes the mind and body, and helps aid in reducing inflammation.To reduce stress, try applying this oil to a small area of skin, or adding a few drops to a diffuser or pillow for a good nights sleep.
2. Peppermint: Just a whiff of this oil can provide you with a natural burst of energy and improve mental alertness. Peppermint oil can be used as massage oil, lotion, and mouthwash. It also helps alleviate symptoms of congestion and aids in digestion. Try adding a drop of peppermint oil to your herbal tea to help improve digestion.
3. Sandalwood: This exotic oil is long lasting and can help calm and focus the senses. Applying a few drops of sandalwood oil to your body lotion can help improve skin hydration and relieve tension.
4. Bergamot: This citrus scented essential oil is widely used in perfumes and colognes. Bergamot is used to treat stress, anxiety, as well as a number of skin conditions like eczema. It’s important that this oil is diluted before applying to the skin, as it can potentially burn skin if applied in its pure form. Bergamot can also be used as incense or in a vaporizer.
5. Rosemary: Known for its rejuvenating effects, this oil can help relieve headaches, boost your memory, alleviate stress, and stimulate circulation in the scalp to treat dandruff and other scalp-related conditions. Try adding a few drops of rosemary oil to your shampoo for healthy, shiny hair.
6. Tea Tree: One of the most popular and effective essential oils, tea tree oil is widely used to fight infections and boost the immune system. Tea tree oil’s healing benefits are immense and can be used to treat skin conditions, cuts and burns, dandruff, athlete’s foot, and blemishes among many others. Try dabbing a drop of this oil on skin to help heal blemishes or add a few drops to your shampoo to improve scalp health.
7. Chamomile: This oil has powerful calming benefits. It is also an effective mood booster. Chamomile can be used in steam or vapor therapy to help relieve stress.
8. Ylang -Ylang: This oil has calming properties and is beneficial for all skin types—especially oily, congested, or inflamed skin. Ylang-Ylang has a sweet flowery fragrance and can be found in a variety of different skin and hair products. Try blending a few drops into your lotion or add to your bath to help unwind after a long day.
Have you ever experienced the healing benefits of essential oils?
If so you can leave a comment on the LifeSense Facebook page so that other people can also realize the benefits of essential oils. Have you gotten creative with your own personal blends that work for you? Tell us your story!